Policies & General Information
Code of Conduct
The mission of the Y is to respond to the needs of families through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Y principles include honesty, responsibility, caring and respect. These core principles are the basis for all we do as an organization. Using our core principles as a guide, we have developed the following Code of Conduct to insure all who enter our facility enjoy a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment.
We ask each guest to act in a manner that upholds these principles at all times when in our facility or participating in our programming. We expect those using the Y to behave in a way that shows respect and caring for others, which includes not using any language or engaging in any action that can hurt or frighten another person, or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct. Actions not showing respect for others and are not permitted include:
- Wearing inappropriate attire. Attire must include swimsuits only in the pool area; shoes, shorts and shirt or leotard in other areas of the facility. Clothing with vulgar or profane writing or pictures is not allowed.
- Using angry or vulgar language; swearing, name calling or shouting.
- Making physical contact with another person in an angry or threatening way.
- Engaging in sexual activity or contact with another person.
- Harassment or intimidation with words, gestures, or body language. Behavior which is inappropriate, threatening or offensive in nature.
- Stealing or behavior which results in destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing devices or objects which may be used as weapons.
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal chemicals on Y property or in vehicles.
- Smoking: All Y facilities and grounds offer a smoke free environment. Includes vapping.
- The Y reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is, or has been, a registered sex offender.
Age Use Policy
The Y is concerned about the health and safety of our members and guests. Please keep in mind that there are inherent risks to any physical activity. Children ages 7 and under must be under adult supervision while on Y property unless participating in a supervised class. If dropped off for an enrolled, supervised class, child(ren) are to be picked up immediately at the end of the class time.
In the pool, children 7 and under must be actively supervised by an adult guardian, and children 5 and under must be within arms reach of an adult guardian. This policy includes all rental and parties - private or public. Children ages 8 and up must pass a deep water test to go off the diving boards or swim in the deep end.
The Wellness Center is available for ages 13 and above. Ages 13-15 can be in the Wellness Center Monday-Friday until 7:00 PM, and Saturdays and Sundays until 1:00 PM. It is highly recommended that all youth ages 13-15 take the FREE Teen Strength class or have a FREE orientation to learn how to use the equipment and the rules of the Wellness Center. Children ages 8-15 years old are allowed use of The Loft room ONLY during scheduled hours. The Health & Wellness Center, Group Exercise Room, Racquetball Courts and fitness classes are available to our members ages 16 and up, with exception of specially marked classes.
Child Discipline Policy
Persistent discipline problems will result in parents/legal custodians being asked to attend a conference with the staff that will assist in working out an equitable solution to the problem. It is imperative that the Y staff receives total cooperation from the family. Violent actions, safety issues or a parent’s/legal custodian’s unwillingness to be cooperative may result in the dismissal of the child from our programs.
Check In Procedure
Members must scan or present their membership card at the Welcome Center to gain entry into the facility. If a member forgets their card, the member must verify their membership with a photo ID. Membership cards are nontransferable. Replacement cards are $5 each. Check-in is also available through the Y's Mobile App! Just download and add your membership card number to your profile. For help setting up the mobile app feel free to give the Welcome Center a call at (920) 887-8811.
Locks & Lockers
We recommend you do not bring valuables into the facility. The Y cannot be responsible for lost or stolen articles. Locks are not allowed on lockers overnight.
- Do not adjust time or temperature settings
- Please sit on a towel
- Clothing is required at all times
- No shoes or cell phones
- Maximum of 5 people at a time
- Sauna treatments are limited to 15 minutes
- Must be 16 years or older to use sauna
Sauna Health Risks
- Pacemaker or Defibrillator: magnets are used to assemble infrared sauna and they can interrupt the pacing and inhibit the output of pacemakers. Please discuss any possible risks with your doctor before use.
- Over exposure to heat may cause nausea, dizziness and fainting. Exit immediately of you begin to feel uncomfortable or sleepy.
- Check with a doctor before use of infrared sauna if you are pregnant, using prescription drugs, or are in poor health.
- If you suffer from heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure, or other health problems, do not use infrared sauna without prior medical consultation and permission from your doctor.
- Breathing heated air in conjunction with the consumption of alcohol, or use of drugs my cause unconsciousness.
- The use of infrared saunas should be avoided by anyone who is predisposed to bleeding (ie: hemophilia) or chronic illness associated with impaired sweating.
The Competitive Pool and Family Adventure Pool schedules are available here on our website and are available in print form at the Welcome Center. Pool schedules are subject to change. Schedule changes are available here on our website, posted on Facebook (facebook.com/theYdc), Twitter (twitter.com/theYdodgecounty), and throughout the facility.
We reserve the right to close the slide due to low patrons. Slide operating hours are subject to change due to attendance levels. Child supervision policies will be strictly enforced (refer to Age Use Policy).
The Gym schedule is available here on our website and in print form at the Welcome Center. Gym schedules are subject to change. Schedule changes are available here on our website, posted to Facebook (facebook.com/theydc), Twitter (twitter.com/theydodgecounty), and throughout our facility. Please note, YMCA programming takes priority over open gym time.
Gym rules can be found on the reverse side of the gym schedule.
Cell Phones & Electronic Devices
Making or receiving phone calls is prohibited in the Wellness Center, locker rooms and rest rooms. It is strongly recommended that you leave your cell phones and other devices in your locker or at home. If you choose to have these items while in the Wellness Center, cell phone functions must be turned off. If your device interferes with the heart rate monitoring systems you will be asked to remove the device. The use of cameras and video is strictly forbidden.
Photo & Video Policy
Y programs and events are often photographed or filmed for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be included in a Y photograph, please indicate this to the instructor and/or photographer, otherwise the Y has the right to use photos for promotional purposes associated with the Y.
In accordance with WI state law effective November 1, 2011, no one may enter the YMCA facility or be on the YMCA grounds, while carrying a firearm. Violators are subject to a fine up to $1000.00 and may be subject to criminal prosecution. Wis. Stat. 943.13.(1m)(c).
Inclement Weather Program - Cancellation Policy
Throughout the year, inclement weather conditions may arise, the YMCA of Dodge County will determine any cancellations or closures based on available weather information. Updated information regarding cancellations and closures can be found on the Y’s Facebook page, App or by calling 920-887-8811. Classes not held due to holidays or inclement weather are not refundable and do not qualify for a credit.
Payment of class fee is required at time of registration in order to secure your enrollment. Some programs may require a registration fee.
Program cancellations must be completed at the Welcome Center one week prior to the start of the program. No refunds will be given if cancellation occurs within one week of the start of the program.
Credits are not given for missed classes due to personal circumstances or inclement weather. Class fees are prorated as necessary for the holidays.
A prorated refund will be given if participation ceases due to medical reasons. A note from the doctor is required to receive a refund.
The YMCA of Dodge County reserves the right to cancel or change a class time and will give a full credit on the account.
This policy does not apply to Child Care, Y-Kids School Age Care or Summer Day Camp. Please refer to parent handbook.
Cancellations done one week prior to the start date are eligible for a refund to the original payment method or for credit that can be used toward any future programming, product or service the YMCA of Dodge County offers.